Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Wedding

I woke up today,
To the bright shining sun,
To clouds in the sky,
And the swallows squawking at each others.

I woke up today,
To leaves on the ground,
Wet ground,
The transition of fall to winter.

I woke up today,
To the smell of lilies in my room,
Smiles on the face of my family,
A text message from you saying you love me.

I woke up today,
And I put on a white dress,
To the sound of cars rushing by,
And people stopping to see me.

I woke up today,
I went to church,
Walked down the aisle,
Faced the priest and held your hand.

I woke up today,
And danced into the night with you,
We made sweet love,
I feel asleep listening to you breathe.

I woke up today,
Single.

I go to sleep now,
Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment