As my heart lay in ruins,
I thought of other things,
I thought of ways to cover up the hurt,
The pain.
Yet all I thought of was you,
And all you thought of was me,
How our little time was spent undivided,
Attention spans so narrow.
I refused tears,
I refused others,
I accepted it as it came,
And I dealt with it in my own way.
i miss you still,
I miss the sweet smile,
I miss the cheeky grin,
I miss the warmth of your body,
The secure feeling of my arm in your arm,
Yet I cannot hope for these anymore..
Yet I know we must be apart,
I know I must forget..
As my heart lay there waiting to be glued together,
I cover it with a smile,
With fake laughter,
With the promises of forever remembering that I loved you.
No comments:
Post a Comment